Winter is almost upon us and whilst it is not too cold at the moment, all the emergency services are providing advice on how you can be ‘Weather Ready’. They may sound like common sense, but there are some easy steps you can take to get prepared for any bad weather and to keep you and your family safe. Why not read them and then take 15 minutes to do what you can now?
– Have basic supplies and documents in a bag in a safe place in case a storm takes out power, water and/or phone lines.
– Check your pipes are insulated and make sure you know where your stop tap is in case you have a leak and need to turn the water off.
– Consider alternative commuting plans for severe weather and childcare plans if schools are closed.
– Check your heating and that of any older friends or relatives – homes should be heated to at least 18C.
– Don’t forget your car – top up screen wash, check your tyres and think about winter kit for it.
If there is bad weather, we will send out alerts via In The Know but you may also want to follows us on Facebook and Twitter if you use them – we are @lancspolice and we will be using the hashtag #lancswinter for all severe weather updates.
Please forward this alert onto your friends using the button below and/or share it on social media, particularly into local Facebook groups.
Thanks for helping us to keep everyone in Lancashire Weather Ready this winter.